Sharing our Faith: Why?
There are six compelling reasons for sharing our faith in Christ with those who have not experienced new life in Christ.
- Because God has commanded us to do so. The final words of Jesus while on earth (Acts 1:8) and also the Bible (Revelation 22:17) speak concerning this.
- Because it demonstrates our love for God. Christ said that if we truly loved Him we would keep his commandments (John 14:15).
- Because all are lost (Romans 3:10, 23).
- Because our sharing is God’s chosen method to tell allpeople. He could have used angels, but He didn’t. Only redeemed sinners can tell lost sinners about Christ (Romans 10:14-17; Acts 8:3).
- Because God desires to save all people (Acts 4:12; 2 Peter 3:9; 1 Timothy 2:4).
- Because someone else once shared his faith with us. It may have been a faithful Bible teacher, or a godly pastor, or a praying parent. In other words, they have the right to expect that we will do for others what they have done for us.
Have you accepted Christ Jesus as your personal savior?